AASD Nurses Website
School vaccination requirements for attendance in Pennsylvania schools are as follows:
Required for every grade:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis DTaP *1 dose on/after 4th birthday
- 4 doses of polio *3 doses if third dose is given at 4 years or older
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella or evidence of immunity
Required for entry to 7th grade and each succeeding year:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis, Tdap
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine, MCV
Required for entry to 12th grade:
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine, MCV after 16 years of age or older
If your child is still missing the required vaccines, please call their physician for an appointment. Once an appointment is scheduled, please call your child’s school nurse and provide the scheduled date and physician name.
These requirements allow for the following exemptions: medical reason, religious belief, philosophical or strong moral conviction. Exemptions must be in the form of a written letter to the school nurse.
American Academy of Pediatrics - Dedicated to the Health of All Children