A listing of Medical & Dental Examination schedules; Growth, Vision, Hearing & Scoliosis Screenings; School Nurse Services; Maintenance of Health Records; and Immunization Assessments.
School Children Immunizations
Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following vaccines:
- 4 doses of tetanus*(1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of diphtheria* (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 3 doses of polio
- 2 doses of measles**
- 2 doses of mumps**
- 1 dose of rubella (German measles) **
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
*Usually given as DTP or DT or Td **Usually given as MMR
7th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for entry:
- 1 dose meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis(Tdap) [if five years have elapsed since last tetanus immunization]
The only exemptions to the school laws for immunizations are:
- medical reasons;
- religious beliefs; or
- philosophical/strong moral or ethical conviction.
If your child is exempt from immunizations, he or she may be removed from school during an outbreak.