The Mission of the Altoona Area School District Police Department is to provide high quality school based law enforcement services in order to promote safer schools and safer kids. Our fundamental goal is to protect students, faculty, staff, guests and the entire school community.
Our Officer's basic responsibilities are to Educate, Informally Counsel and Provide Law Enforcement Services. We strongly promote a safe, secure learning environment to enhance our youth in obtaining a quality education. We will guide them in a positive and professional manner through student, faculty, and police interaction with emphasis on Respect, Integrity, Service, and Education.
Police Services Responsibilities:
- To oversee the overall health, safety and welfare of all students, faculty and visitors to the Altoona Area School District.
- School Police Officers conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of the Altoona Area School District.
- Police Services plan and coordinate all Emergency Building Plans.
- School Police Officers assist and direct Principals with law enforcement and regulatory compliance issues such as Protection from Abuse orders and child custody court orders.
- School Police Officers maintain order in school buildings, on school buses and vans and on all School District property.