Lady Lion Secondary Athletics
Altoona Athletics 2021-22
Welcome Back!!!!!! We have missed you and this year will be bigger and better!!!!
Below are a few highlights as we begin the new year:
- We have 5 teams returning as District 6 Champions!
- We now have 9 teams competing for championships in the Mid Penn!
- We have a new turf and track at Mansion Park Stadium with a new Jumbo Tron to enhance our game nights!
- We will again be hosting District 6 Championships in Football, Wrestling, Boys and Girls Tennis, and Boys and Girls Track and Field!
AASD Athletics is an extension of our classrooms. Student-athletes learn how to deal with success and failure, experience teamwork to accomplish a common goal, learn accountability and develop leadership skills. All of these lessons occur in real time. Together, as fans, parents, teachers, and coaches, our positive support is vital to the educational success of our students.
Thank you and we can’t wait to hear you cheer us on at our stadium, fields and gyms!
Go Mt. Lions!!! #AltoonaProud
Phil Riccio, M.ED, CAA
Altoona Area School District
Mansion Park Stadium Guidelines
In order to maintain a safe, orderly and enjoyable atmosphere for all those attending Mt. Lion football games, the following guidelines for students/spectators entering Mansion Park Stadium will be implemented effective September 17, 2021. These rules and procedures will be enforced at all times in order to keep our fans safe and students well supervised.
- All students in grades 6 through 12 must show a current AASD ID to be granted admission into the stadium.
- Students in grades K-8 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian or they will not be admitted into the stadium.
- Students and accompanying parent/guardian must enter the stadium using the STUDENT Gate entrance located at either the Main entrance or Columbia entrance.
- No backpacks will be permitted in the stadium.
- Parents are responsible for student’s behavior (grades K-8) and are responsible for their supervision during the game.
- No loitering is permitted. Students/Spectators must sit in the stands. Aisles must be kept clear at all times. Congregating under the bleachers or around the concession areas will not be permitted.
- AAHS students will sit in the designated Mt. Lion Maniacs Student Section.
- AAJHS students in grades 6-8 will sit in the designated Middle School Student Section, Section A – Ramp 1, or with their parents. This section will be monitored by stadium officials.
- Elementary students will sit with their parent/guardian.
- There will be no walking around the outside of the field during the football game.
- Students/Spectators who throw food, drink, or other items will be immediately escorted from the stadium, will not be allowed re-admittance, and may be banned from the stadium for the remainder of the school year.
- Students/Spectators who refuse to comply with stadium officials’ directions will be immediately escorted from the stadium, will not be allowed re-admittance, and may be banned from the stadium for the remainder of the year.
Summer Hours: 7:30am-3:30pm
1404 Sixth Avenue
Altoona, PA 16602
Phone (814) 946-8289
Fax (814) 946-8578
AAJHS Athletic Office